Sunday, September 12, 2010

London on Thursday

If you're reading my blog for the first time, click here to see what I'm doing this year!

Word Comparison:
English: crockery. American: dishes.
English: posh. American: fancy.

Ok, here's a bit more detail on my trip to London on Thursday.


King's Cross Station: Of course, the first thing I had to do in London was visit King's Cross Station to see Platform 9 3/4! For all you Harry Potter fans out there, I hope you're geeking out with me right now! For everyone else... I am sorry for your misfortune.





Tower of London/Tower Bridge: Absolutely beautiful!!! Tower Bridge is very unique, with bright blue and white cables and structure running the length of it. I believe you can pay to go up top, but I just walked across the bridge and snapped photos. Great view over the water!

About halfway across the bridge, some foreign guys were lined up by the ledge, and a guy holding a camera is recording and they all start doing this dance and singing "London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down!" Absolutely priceless!



the London Eye: I didn't ride on it, but I want to! It's supposed to have a great view. This seems like it would be good to ride with other people on, because you're up in the air for quite a long time. They have kind of gandalas instead of a regular two person or four person seat, so it can hold a lot of people.




Houses of Parliament: I didn't go inside, I just snapped some photos of the outside and saw the area. Very crowded, busy area, but quite gorgeous! There was a protest happening on the other side of the street, so I photographed this side. Can't see the details in this picture, but Big Ben is on the right side.




Big Ben: Yup, he's a pretty big clock tower :) Very pretty, nice chime on the hour. Not much else to say about it! lol







London Underground: Also known as the Tube to the locals, the subway system. My favourite form of transportation! "Mind the Gap" means don't fall off the platform.

I accidentally bumped into a guy while on the Tube, and he said "Sorry, love!" and that, quite literally, made my day! You hear it in movies and on television, but to have a stranger with a cool English accent actually say to you "sorry, love" is fantastic :D

No comments:

Post a Comment