Sunday, September 5, 2010

First Church service in Langham


Word comparisons:
English: washing up. American: doing the dishes.
English: keen. American: fond of, interested in.

People in Essex are very polite, and people in Essex are very formal. This is such a different way of thinking for me, it will take some getting used to! I love this culture :)

First worship service today. It was quite lovely, got to meet a bunch of other people. Rev Tim did a little informal interview with me today in front of the congregation, which was a little nerve-racking! I felt like I kind of stuttered through it all. Oh well.


After church, I went to my buddy family's house for Sunday dinner (lunch) which was pot roast, Yorkshire pudding, and all the rest. Very good! One thing I am really keen on, which I didn't realize before, is applesauce! Also, I am really enjoying leeks. New favorite vegetable? It's possible!

My buddy family is so cool :) They are a noisy, blusterous bunch and I immediately felt at home in their house! They live right next to Boxted church, which is convenient :) They are so warm and funny and love to joke around... I love it! I will probably be spending quite a lot of time there this year.

I went to Evensong service tonight, which is a very tradition evening prayer service. I greatly enjoyed it, and will most likely come back to it.

Well, off to bed! Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. I too love Evensong...and leeks! Glad things are off to a marvelous start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim, I am glad too! Still a lot to learn :)

    ReplyDelete