Saturday, September 4, 2010

Welcoming/Open House

Word comparisons:

English- plasters.
American- band-aids.

English- kitsch.
American- tacky.

Great day today. Feeling much more caught up from the jet lag! I slept 13 hours last night (lol) and lounged around in the morning, then got a proper tour of the house from Patsy-Ann and had lunch with her. She is a brilliant woman, and I have a feeling I will learn a lot from her this year.

Then Rev Tim picked me up and took me to his house for an Open House where I got to meet some of the parish and kids in the youth program. Everyone in England so far has been so polite!

Patsy-Ann made a roast chicken for dinner, with baked potatoes, carrots and leeks. Why haven't I had leeks before? They are quite good! Nice conversation, got to know the family a little more; also, watched a little opera. It was lovely.

Church tomorrow morning, where I will be meeting a lot of other families and people and trying desperately to memorize names! Also, Tim's doing a commissioning for me, where he will be conducting a sort of interview. Hopefully, I don't stumble over any words or drag on too much lol. I just can't wait to get to know these people!

Good night, all :)

2 comments: