Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Future Looks Promising :)

Oops, forgot this section in my last blog! Here we go:
If you're visiting my blog for the first time, click here to see what I'm doing this year!

Word comparison:
English: stroke. American: slash.
English: full stop. American: period (punctuation)
Example: If you want to Facebook me, just go to facebook dot com stroke tricia fullstop ernst. (facebook.com/tricia.ernst)

Saturday was a great day; the evening before, my host family's daughter, Sophie, came for the weekend because she was having a checkup at the dentist (dentists are much less expensive outside of London, where she lives). She's really nice and bright, and we went blackberry picking, which has become one of my favourites hobbies now! What will I do when they go out of season? Anyway, that evening Sophie concocted some lemon/blackberry soufles with the blackberries we picked, Patsy-Ann made a lovely pork dish, Roger got some wine from California, and we had a lovely meal with great conversation! I love having a full table of friends :)

Sunday, church and Sunday school in the morning. I sat in a little kids chair made out of plastic, and it broke! lol. Teach me not to use things that aren't intended for me ^_^ Sunday dinner at the Sheils, little nibbles for snack and then chicken for dinner! We also stopped by the Sims for a cup of tea, and got to meet their kids and talk to Sue. Then Becky and I went to contemporary service at St Johns in Colchester! Met a bunch of other Americans who are volunteering for the semester, who are part of a cell group at St Johns. I've missed being around people my own age!

On Monday, I did some planning and reading, as per usual, and went over to the Rectory for dinner with the Bulls. We had proper Shepherd's Pie for dinner! Very tasty. Then apple strudel, then berry crumble, then cheddar and crackers... Boy, do they feed me well here! Then Alice played her newly revised self-written song on the piano... and she is amazing :) Great voice, clever lyrics, talented piano player. Potential star? :) Then afterwards Pippa, Alice, and I took some pictures of ourselves on the computer webcam, which turned into a crazy/acting/American southern accent filled time! I haven't giggled so much since uni :) Afterwards was our homegroup, and it was our last session on worship. I'm really enjoying the homegroups, because I always learn something new, and hear perspectives I would've never thought of myself.

Tuesday I met with Rev Tim for PPB (prayer, planning, and Bible study) instead of on Monday, and that was great, as usual :) Tim and I discussed plans for the Edge youth group, and came up with some ideas that I think the kids will really like! We shall see :) Then I went to Tesco to pick up some supplies for youth group and youth club, and bought myself a new scarf and purple tights! I hope they're cute on me ^_^

Right now, I'm preparing for my friend Kathleen to visit me this weekend!!! I'm on half-term this next week, which is like a periodic school holiday, so Kathleen coming to stay with me is really perfect timing :) She's in YAGM and TFG as well, and she's serving in Sunningdale, England which is near Reading. I'm tossing around ideas in my head of fun things for us to do with weekend! I can't wait to see her :) This is a picture of myself and Kathleen at Waterloo tube station in London!

Also, 3 girls from my Bible study back home and I are convening in Paris for New Years!!! We've just confirmed our dates for the trip- 29 Dec through 2 Jan. I cannot wait!!! Looking at hostels right now :)

That's all for now! Cheers!


---

No comments:

Post a Comment