Monday, August 2, 2010

Success!

I am starting to get really excited about serving in England! I've gotten a letter from a member of the congregation, I've exchanged emails with Rev Tim and my host family (the Maggs family), I've become facebook friends with people from the youth group, and I just cannot wait. There is still 2 weeks until orientation, and 4 weeks until I fly out to England. One month from now, I will be driving to the airport to fly to the UK; it will be my last day in the US for a year!
The UK Dinner Event went really well! I raised $2600 that night, and as of now, I have raised $3900. Now that the money has been fund-raised, this whole experience is really starting to sink in. This will be such a great time of development and discernment for me. I am blessed to have found this program, and chosen to be a part of it. I want to thank everyone who's helped me along the way, supporting me. I couldn't ask for a better support system; thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment