Thursday, June 10, 2010

Starting Out

Hey all!

I realized now would probably be a good time to start this blog as my journey to the UK progresses. Here's a recap on what's happened so far:
  • decided that doing some kind of mission work is something I'm very interested in, so in Fall 2009 I started looking for global mission opportunities
  • found Young Adults in Global Mission (YAGM), a one year international opportunity through the ELCA, and applied in the spring
  • A few phone interviews later, got accepted into the YAGM program
  • I was invited to DIP weekend in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin (discernment, interview, placement) and interviewed for potential placements in Mexico and the UK
  • I was offered a placement in the UK, working for an organisation called Time For God (TFG) and I accepted :)
  • TFG gave me an initial placement match, working with a congregation in the towns of Langham and Boxted in southeast England; I spoke with the Reverend of the church on the phone
And this is where I'm at now! I am in discernment, praying whether this is the right placement for me. I have a feeling it is, but we shall see!

To my friends, support network, family: thank you for reading! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment